Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cinelli Catalog circa 1983





My thanks to Dale, owner of Classic Rendezvous, for sending in this circa 1983 catalog. It's especially timely since the previous story was about a 1983 Cinelli Supercorsa.

Click on photos to enlarge, there is much to discover. For example, page 3 has the name of Italo Lupi on the margin; Lupi designed the "flying C" Cinelli logo in 1978.

I invite you to contribute by sending in photographs of your Cinelli bike, illustrations, personal stories, and articles about Cinelli bikes and components.

Thanks for stopping by.

I can be contacted at veronaman@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, I love the old documentary style photograhy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind or reminds me of the movie "Alien" (circa 1978). I never realized that the stems came out of the forge in a shapeless mass and almost everything was machined into the 1A stems.

    ReplyDelete